Friday 8 July 2016

Departure
She had been with us for more than five years. But for last few days the grandfather was extremely angry with her.
‘Next Sunday we get rid of her,’ he thundered.
‘How would we do that?’ I had never liked her; she had always mistreated me.
‘Take her to river front and just leave her there,’
‘Can I use the car?’
‘No, she will never leave the car. Go by the public transport.’
We went by a local bus. At the river front I kept moving around aimlessly. She had become suspicious of me and stuck to me like glue.
Suddenly I jumped into a bus when it was about to leave. She tried but could not enter the bus.
Back home the grandfather was a bit disappointed when he saw me coming back, alone.
Early morning, five days later, she was found sleeping at the doorstep; she was badly bruised and tired. 
The grandfather saw her and laughed; it was a hollow laugh. He was perhaps ashamed of himself.
Three years later she vanished the day the grandfather passed away.
*********
A post for Flash Fictionfor Aspiring Writers on a picture prompt

Word count 181

8 comments:

  1. How sad. They were trying to get rid of the dog but the dog was too loyal to the grandfather! He disappeared after the grandfather died. A very heart touching story. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a partly true story, less the last sentence. thanks

      Delete
  2. Stuck to him until his last day, then got the heck out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a deeper layer to the story. Good one.

    ReplyDelete