Saturday 21 November 2015

Birthday

                                                                                       Photo prompt © CE Ayr

Only she knew what it was to be a single mother. But, against all odds, she had managed to bring up her girl. The girl had just turned sixteen and her excitement was boundless.
The blast hit them as they were stepping out of the mall.
The mother regained her consciousness and looked around. She thought everything around her was nightmarishly baffling.  
‘What’s the matter?’ she asked no one in particular.
‘Relax; everything is in order,’ she thought she heard such words.
She looked around.
‘I lost my …I think I lost my…my shoe,’ she stammered and again passed out.
*******

A post for Friday Fictioneers in memory of innocent victims of terror attacks.

Word count 100

18 comments:

  1. This is a chilling piece, I see the sadness of any victims, whether at the mall or a restaurant... hope her daughter made it through as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps she lost her girl, thanks for reading the blog

      Delete
  2. Scary times and a very realistic story. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Arora,

    Chilling and realistic. I hope her shoe is all she lost.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..scary but again..this could be the story of anybody...these days... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very realistic and tragic. What happened to her child?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lorna, perhaps the child got killed.

      Delete
  6. I hope it was only a shoe since she had a lot more to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny what comes to mind during times like that. We stopped to help a young girl in a car wreck once and she said all kinds of ridiculous stuff. People in shock do that, I'm told.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sad turn of events. Well done.

    ReplyDelete